Well, fortunately we survived the hurricane with minimal damage to our house. A big ol tree snapped in half in the front yard, the pool is a mudpit, and part of a fence is missing, but other than that, I count our family as one of the luckier ones. All around our house, huge pine trees were uprooted and had fallen across our neighbor's yards, houses, and cars. We spent Friday night at Alice's loft, since it is a huge cement building and the danger of trees falling on her third story place was minimal. The kiddos slept in the closet with Jesse, and I stayed up most of the night with Alice and Grandma Barb. The hurricane was terrifying even from that vantage point where I felt relatively safe -I'm kind of a wimp when it comes to bad weather anyway. I cannot even imagine how scary it must have been for those that stayed in their houses and had huge trees snapping all around them.
I brought the kids to Wimberly to stay with Jesse's dad for a few days. Jesse stayed behind to clean up the mess and help our neighbors. 99% of The Woodlands is without power and they estimate it could be weeks before we are up and running again.
Updates to The Woodlands Hurricane Ike page here.
What's in a Name?
-
{doe•ee•bird} photography.
*Is it quirky?*
Totally.
*Is it unique?*
Absolutely.
*Is it easy to spell?*
Come on people! It's phonetic! How hard is that?...
14 years ago
We evacuated to Oklahoma and are staying with Nana & Grandpa & praying to the gods of Air Condtioners!!!! :)
ReplyDelete