Thursday, April 17, 2008

Nicknames

So anyone that has hung around us a long time knows about half our friends have nicknames... Snapper, Farley, the Florist, Cheeto.... Jesse and I also have very random nicknames for each of the kids, and I thought I would explain the origin of them:

Presley- aka "Doughey": Jesse and I were watching a Ms. Texas pageant one night and laughing about all of the beauty queens from the towns in Texas that have a population of 92 (for example, Ms. Cut-N-Shoot). We decided that Presley could be "Ms. ShenanDOAH" since her offical birth certificate says "Shenandoah" and not "Houston" or "The Woodlands." "Ms. Shenandoah" turned into "Ms. ShenanDOUGHEY" and then it just became "Doughey."

Jude- aka "Pouty"- Anyone that knew Jude when he was first around can probably remember that he was a bit... cranky... as a baby. The dr. diagnosed reflux (hey, I would be cranky too if I had heartburn 24 hours a day). He used to make the biggest "pouty" face ever right before he started to cry or fuss (which was often).

Emily- aka "MeMe Doe"- when Emily first learned how to say her name, it came out as "MeMe Doe." Even though she can now pronounce her name very well- the first pronunciation stuck. Here is a pic of her in the bluebonnets... I was about a week too late and they were pretty much all dead by the time I got this picture.


Kaylee- she just recently acquired her nickname- "Yips." She told Jesse and I last week that there was "something on my YIPS!!" We didn't know what she was talking about and finally figured out that she can't pronounce "L"s- they come out as the "Y" sound. We thought it was so funny that we have started calling her "YIPS."


In other news, Kaylee and Emily are doing SO well in soccer. Emily made my heart sing the other day when she woke up and the first thing out of her mouth was "I want to go play SOCCER!" And I am going to brag a little here, their coach pulled me aside the other day to tell me they were the most well behaved and all-around good kids he had EVER coached. Granted, he is like 16, so his coaching experience is probably quite limited, and true- they started running around like banshees as soon as we got home- but I will take what I can get.

Presley wants to play soccer so bad with them, but she is still too young, so I am starting her in the only thing I can find for 2 year olds- Gymnastics. She'll be in it with her friends Tate and Marley. Somehow I think with a father that is 6'3" and a mother that is 5'7" (on a good day), she'll never be a true gymnast, but it should be fun for a while until she grows into her genetics! Anyone that knows Presley knows she is quite a little climber and not scared of heights- so tumbling around should be pretty fun for her!

Jude is doing great as well. He loves crawling up stairs, shoving as much food as possible in his mouth (kind of like his parents), opening up various drawers & throwing everything all over the floor, and being held by Mommy. He is quite the Mama's boy! Here's a pic of him in action, Jesse and I like to say he is "working."



Jesse is out of town for FOUR nights on an annual golf trip with the guys, so say a prayer I survive! Actually I have the BEST group of friends who have been calling and volunteering to help every night! He told the kids he would bring them something from North Carolina and when he asked Kaylee what she wanted, she said "a sticker!... a BIG sticker!" She has been talking about the "BIG sticker" ever since!!

3 comments:

  1. Hah! And I complain when Scott is gone for one night. :)

    So glad you finally cleared up the nicknames. I have always wondered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great update! That picture of Emily is gorgeous. See you tonight for pizza!

    ReplyDelete