Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Just Some Random June Thoughts

Hmmm, just as I thought- the other two folks that indicated they have never found a sippy cup full of rotten milk have yet to come forward- perhaps bc they 1) don't have toddlers, or 2) are lying out their teeth! (My gut feeling is #1). Thanks Loren for fessing up- I guess you are the ultimate SUPERDAD :D!! Kudos to 'ya.

As far as the other poll, its good to know my kids aren't the only ones who routinely poo in the pool. In our defense- the law of averages is against us- we spend almost every day out there! For those frequent visitors to the Robinson pool-never fear! We use a lot of chemicals. Jesse is pretty obsessive about keeping the pool clean. Although I don't know if "obsessive" is the right word- if it were left to me, the pool would turn into a swamp. Sad, I can't even turn the polaris off myself. Speaking of the pool- Emily is becoming quite a fish these days, and Presley can swim underwater ~8-9 feet without floaties!! She even comes up for air and puts her head back in- I couldn't be more excited! Jesse has a hard time teaching the kids because they only want to play when he is in the pool, but Grammie Alice came over and gave the kids a lesson (she is an AMAZING coach) she had Presley doing this after only 30 minutes. Jude's new thing is to float on his back (with floaties of course) and look up at the sky and laugh- I know I don't have to tell you how CUTE that is! Kaylee just wants to jump and be thrown into the water. She is so light that she gains some serious air!

Here are some other pix of the kiddos:

... and THIS is why his nickname is POUTY. He was MAD when this pic was taken!

Kaylee clapping at the Astros/Yankees game. She lasted about two innings and then wanted to go home (what were we thinking bringing her?). The Astros lost, but Jesse was excited he got to see some dude named ARod hit a home run. Who is ARod and why do we care?
(OK, that was a joke people!)
Presley LOVES brushing those teeth!!

Look at this pretty girl :) (Do I sound like a parrot?)

We also recently went to SeaWorld San Antonio! It was an absolute blast- we had a big crew out there- Alicia & Abbey, Papa Mike, Meme, and Lindsey, Leigh Ann & Thomas, and the Robinson crew (sans Jude who stayed with a sitter) . Warning---the following pix were taken with a crapola disposable camera!!

To quote Alicia, "I'm proud to say we had 5 kids out in the blazing heat for almost 7 hours and not ONE meltdown. There's one for the Guiness Book."

If you squint, you can see Emily in the bottom left corner during the killer whale show. She told people "We went to Sea World! We saw a Killer Whale... and it didn't kill us!"
Kaylee's favorite part was the "Roaster Coe-lers" (i.e. Roller Coasters)!

That's it for now!


5 comments:

  1. well that was a fun read! I always enjoy reading your updates with pictures of those beautiful kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your beautiful pictures. Can't wait to see the ones you'll take with that spiffy new camera. I am green with envy. ;) Millie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I didn't officially vote in your sippy cup pool but just found our first moldy milk cup in the bike pull behind - ewwwwwwwww!
    PS - BEAUTIFUL pics as always!
    and PPS - Mark will be so jealous that Presley is swimming so well already!!! We got T blowing bubbles in the bath and that was huge for us.... oh well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that Kaylee in the air?- holy cow! I hope she landed in the water, that picture is crazy. Presley is adorable brushing her teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm, I am definitely NOT the one who said they didn't find gross sippy's lying around. It's an everyday occurance at our home. Sad...and I only have one kid.

    Love the pictures. And I am soooo impressed by Presley's swimming! Can Grammy Alice teach Abs to do that?

    ReplyDelete