Well, although the primary intention of this blog is to be a "mommyblog," I figured I need to update it every once in a while with what Jesse and I are up to -besides chasing after the kiddos and what we refer to as a constant stream of demands (such as "more milk please!," "pick me up!" "why does Emily get that and I don't?!" "I'm still hungry!"). Hmmm, they probably feel the same way about us ..."pick that up!" "don't hit your sister!" "I asked you to say please!"
Brace yourself for one of my more boring posts ;).
Jesse recently started his second year with Conroe I.S.D. This year he started a new position- that of a true LSSP (Licensed Specialist in School Psychology). In the past, he has acted more in the Diagnostician role and was always headquartered at one specific school. The LSSP position is HQ out of central office, and he has 7 schools he will work with to complete psychological evaluations for certain students.
Jesse FINALLY bought himself a triathalon bike, he has wanted one for YEARS. The hard part is finding the time to ride and train. He still swims as much as possible with The Woodlands Masters Swim Team and signed up for a sprint triathalon in Galveston in October.
I'm still working with an eCommerce consulting company as the HR Manager. The somewhat-kind of exciting to me-thing is that I discovered yoga! I think I finally understand what these excercise induced endorphins are. Makes me sad I didn't start doing it years ago. And yes - it looks easy, but its much harder than it looks. I do it at home at 5:30 every morning ("Inhale" w/ Steve Ross on the Oxygen Network) for ~ an hour and probably look pretty crazy doing some of the wierder poses ...I'm still at the stage where I yell "are you fricking KIDDING me?!? Enough already!" to the TV at least once per morning.
OK, back to mommyblogging. Jude has one true word now- "that!" (pronounced "Daaatttt!") He definetly knows what he wants and will point at it and say "that!" Presley has a huge vocabulary now and holding conversations with her is pretty dang special. Don't ask me about pottytraining her yet. Don't even go there.
Oh, and Presley has now switched from only wanting to wear dresses (even at bedtime) to only wanting to wear Jude's pajamas (that belong formerly to Tate). She wears them all day and all night long. As you can imagine, they are too tight, too short, and too small. Speaking of Tate, here they are smoochin'!

Some more pix. Seriously- how cute are they?!?!
First day of school. Look how nervous she looks in that second picture!
Second day of school and the first time taking the bus! The bus picks her and drops her off right in front of the house. I have only had to run after the bus once so far (barefoot on the scorching pavement) yelling "STOP! My kids on that BUS!" as it passed the house by...
Presley saw me taking a bunch of pictures of Emily the first day of school, so she went and grabbed her backpack to pretend she was also going to school ;)
Kaylee has the best profile!
A couple more conversations (I can't even believe I publish these- I mean really, what is wrong with me?!)
Presley: "Me just took big dump." (She says this very matter-of-factly.) I look over in amazement that I just heard those words come out of her mouth
Presley (pulls her diaper to the side, looking down): "Look at my big dump."
So instead of 1) getting a new diaper to change her, and 2) actually being mortified my 2 year old knows that phrase, I run to the phone to call Jesse (who incidentally is at Hooters) b/c I think it is so funny. In the meantime I hear her saying: "Me touching my big dump..." OHHHH.
Another one- kids are so weird.
Emily (in a sing-song tattletale voice): "Kaylee just peed in her car seat!"
Me: "What?!? Kaylee- is there pee in your car seat?"
Kaylee: Yes! (laughs)
Me: Get up! We have to clean it up now! Get up! Get up! Get out of your seat NOW! (Very irritated b/c we are late as usual).
Kaylee: (starts crying and kicking her legs): NOOOOO!! I WAAANNNTTT to sit in the pee seat!!
So I let her.
Kaylee turns FOUR today. I can't believe it. Her bday party with Reese is coming up and we hired Mr. Clint the Snake Show guy. Can't wait!
First of all, GREAT new background! Is that a new option, or did you import it? Second, Jack's second non-name word (ball/bah was his 1st) is also "that/dat"...how weird is that? Here's the weirdest part, he knows it in Spanish too! He says "ehsho" which is really "eso." He still hasn't learned "NO", which atypical. Hmm...what does that say about me as a parent?????
ReplyDeleteSuper cute picture of Tate and Presley kissing! My they start young these days. I was laughing outloud about the "dump" conversation. I am sure Spychaj taught her that.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE LOVE LOVE the kissing pic!! Super cute.
ReplyDeleteAND, I LOVE that you are digging yoga. I so wish I could quit my job tomorrow to get certified to be a yoga instructor. You think I jest...
I love your blogs - they are so entertaining! Isn't yoga the best! I loooove it! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteI am cracking up over those comments. I am currently in the hospital,since Saturday and just got my computer brought to me today. Unfortunately they put me in the GERIATRIC ward, where I have had to listen to similar comments from people who are a little too old for it to be cute. I think I am the only person in this wing who is completely potty trained. The nurses love me.
ReplyDeleteYou know I love all your photos but the one of Jude in the overalls is gorgeous! I hope you have a big print of that hanging in the house.
Love, Auntie BWEB
Sweet update. The kids kissing is so friggin cute. I gave up on Mr. Inhale after one show. I couldn't even do a downward dog without having to take a break. (And it was to vacuum the rug b/c I saw all the dog hair when I collapsed face first into it..YUK) Of course I tried it 3 weeks after having the baby so my energy/pain/fitness levels were very sub-par. I should try again I guess.
ReplyDeleteLOVE your background choice.
Oh that is greatness! Just when I think it can't get any better than this...you have proven that it will:-) I loved reading your updates. It looks like Presley was really enjoying that kiss planted on her by Reece, Eyes closed and all! You better watch out for her!
ReplyDelete