Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My POP QUIZ

So, I think God is testing me right now. Aside from numerous extended family issues (don't even ask- I assure you you don't want to know), an incredibly stressful couple weeks at work, and the barfing I outlined below, I walked into the house today to see a potential major internal plumbing leak (will know more tomorrow when the plumber comes and charges us who knows how much).


So I thought I would start Thanksgiving a little early and instead of focusing on what is WRONG with life these days, I will concentrate on some little things I am thankful for.
  • That Kaylee and Presley (Tweedledum and Tweedledee), with their infinite energy, are SUPER-MAJOR BFFs. At least for now.
  • That Emily's shoes get worn out and stinky in the blink of an eye- because she is playing, running around, and having so much fun on a daily basis.
  • That every night when I take Jude out of the bathtub, I wrap him in one of the various animal towels we have, show him his reflection in the mirror, and get a nightly giggle out of my sweet boy.
  • That, as I type this, Jesse is watching a Dave Matthews concert on TV with Tweedledum and Tweedledee, and I can hear him educating them about rock n roll. Rock ON!!!
  • That Emily actually starts begging me to do homework the minute I walk in the door...and doesn't stop until we do it. She LOVES school. She is learning to READ. Stop and think for a minute just how exciting this world must be to her right now.
  • OK, I have to write also that I am thankful for my favorite toys- my camera and my Mac.
OK, enough for now. Some pix:

This was a favorite birthday toy- a ladybug farm (Thanks Kennedy!)!

Questions:


Please tell me I am not the only one, who, on a regular basis, is in such a rush in the morning that my kid's teeth don't get brushed before they board the school bus.

Also, please tell me I am not the only one who is , in a way, glad when the kids are sick because they are calm and I can get things done around the house?


(I'm going to get struck by lightning just thinking that last thought).


Oooohhh, I almost forgot. Sweet recipes you guys gave me. I'll try them all out in the very near future (... and coincidentally, we did have eggs again tonight, LOL!).

4 comments:

  1. Nope not the only one :) ! So glad you do it too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - Thanks for posting the thankful stuff - It makes me stop and think about stuff I'm thankful for even though w/ all the holiday festivities etc. I feel like we're just rush rush rushing everywhere!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great things to be thankful for!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I think about the sick thing all the time! Glad I am not the only one. (And I don't always get Abbey's teeth brushed either...and I only have one kid. Sad)

    ReplyDelete