Sometimes I feel like a complete parenting failure. Case in point:
- My kids share their toothbrushes. We can't keep them straight. Actually I tried, I really did. But they switch them around when I am not looking. That is... when we remember to make them brush their teeth (I promise, it's most mornings and nights!).
- Dinner at the Robinson house is a sight to behold. Jesse and I eat standing up shoving food in our mouth as fast as we can while waiting on the kids ("More milk!" "I spilled!" "Kaylee's hitting me!" "DAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT!!" (as Jude says while pointing at who knows what). We have got to work on their table etiquette.
- @ Jude's last checkup, the doctor noticed quite a mess of splinters in his feet. It's from letting him walk around barefoot all the time. I didn't even know. I was really embarrassed- she had to dig them out with needles!! Note to self- put shoes on that kid! Oh wait... Rebecca just told me Jude threw his shoes away and she forgot to get them out of the trash before we took it out. UGH.
- Emily's homework folder is a mess- other kid's snot all over it, torn on the side, etc. It's only the first week she has had a homework folder!
- They talk about pee, poop, butts, & boobs all the time. It's really quite shocking. It probably doesn't help that Jesse and I often snicker at their antics while "disciplining" them. {Snort}.
- I think Presley is ready to be pottytrained, but I don't have the energy/heart to stick to it right now. Not after I spent a YEAR trying to get Kaylee pottytrained.
I'm also positive I encourage the following bad habits b/c I allow them to happen in the first place:
- Jude does not want to be put down. Ever. I have a permanent groove in my right hip from him sitting on it (but he's my baby! And he's so cute! And he loves his mom!)
- Presley comes running into our bed in the middle of the night at least 4 times a week. Jesse woke up in utter pain the other night because she had heel-dropped/judo-kicked him right in the adam's apple while he was sleeping (I know, makes you nauseous just thinking about it, doesn't it?)
- At any given point in time after 5 pm, Presley and/or Kaylee are naked.
- Kaylee jumps on her bed at least 549 times a day. She's going to ruin her mattress and fall off, but I think its kind of cute, so I only stop her half the time.
- Jude will no doubt start looking like a Smurf soon. All he wants to eat is frozen blueberries.

However, some times I feel I must be doing something right and that I deserve an "A" and a big sparkly unicorn sticker.
- Presley tells me she loves me at least 5-10 times a day. "I love you mommy. I love you daddy. I love everybody." I get that silly knot in my throat and tears in my eyes just thinking about it.
- Kaylee has zero inhibitions. She is so sure of herself. She will talk to anyone, anywhere, anytime. She laughs like crazy all the time. She is Ms. Personality.
- Emily's teachers just adore her. LOVE her. Her former PreK/speech teachers cannot tell me enough how much they miss her.
- Jude can't talk yet, but I am pretty sure he would tell me I was one of his favorite things in the whole wide world. Outside of his Daddy and woobie (blankie) of course.
- I didn't even pose them for this picture. They were actually sitting like this waiting by the door!
Great blog update! I love that picture by the door. I would like to have a copy of that. I told Chad how Presley said she loved me and then she said she loved Chad and Annemarie too. I got tears in my eyes when I told him. She is such a joy to be around! I would say you are doing A LOT of things right as a parent! Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteLove the pic! You guys are doing a great job! I always wonder how you do it! Your kids are sweet and a joy to be around!
ReplyDeleteYou have four kids under the age of six that are happy, feel loved and secure, have great personalities, are free with their affection and are a joy to be around. The rest simply does not matter. As far as I'm concerned, you are SM (Super Mom). Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteWOW Tracy not only are you an awesome and VERY patient mother you are also an incredible friend. ie. dropping everything at a minutes notice to photograph Lilly coming into the world! To put it plainly *You Rock* Your kiddos are just immitating their favorite role models...you and Jesse! My parenting slogan is WWTD...What Would Tracy Do! LOL
ReplyDeleteaw shucks... y'all are great . thanks!!!
ReplyDeleteTracy...you and Jesse are definitely some of the greatest parents I have ever met! I can only hope that when our Ella Bear gets here that I am half as good of a mommy as you are! And like The Yanko Family says "The rest simply does not matter!" You and Jesse love them and they love you, ya'll have a roof over your heads and your health and that's all that really matters! God has blessed ya'll!!
ReplyDeleteOkay, can I just tell you I think ya'll are the most loving parents in the whole world! The fact that you can admit things aren't perfect and poke fun at it is just awesome! I love your posts Tracy :-)
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! I'm getting one of those silly lumps in my throat just reading this.
ReplyDelete