Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Dr. Parks

I'm so sad right now. So. Terribly. Sad.

I found out the doctor (and friend) that delivered Presley and Jude, Dr. Leslie Parks, passed away this morning. She was a huge part of the reason I loved being pregnant so much and one of the main reasons I had such an amazing experience delivering them. What I went through giving birth to them were, hands-down, the best two moments of my life. She made those middle-of-the-night experiences so... perfect. When they are old enough to understand, I hope I am able to convey just how special those two days were to us.

So here's my little photo tribute to the woman that delivered my angels. She told Presley once that she was "the person yanking on your head!" She was the best doctor I have ever had and will be missed SO very much.

Here she is delivering Jude. Look at that smile!

Here she is shortly after Presley arrived:

Please keep her family, especially her husband and twin babies, in your prayers. This is so very tragic.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh! I am heart broken. My doctor is Dr. Everson who is in the same practice. You summed up beautifuly the way that I feel about Dr. Everson as well. She delivered both my boys and the relationship you form is an incredibley special one. What happened?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe this - I just saw Krista's Facebook update about this. What happened????

    ReplyDelete
  3. So young...... I'm so sorry! How sad for her family too......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry...I remember how much you LOVED her!

    ReplyDelete