Hello my name is Tracy. And I'm a comment whore.
I admit it. While the primary intention of the blog is my version of a babybook and I would do it even if I were the only one that ever read it... I have to tell you, I love seeing new comments.
So, in the spirit of the season and in a completely shameless attempt to get my all blog readers out of the closet, I'll donate one can of food to the Montgomery County Food Bank for every one person that leaves a comment on this post between now and Christmas. I want to start teaching my kids about community service anyway, and this is a good way to start.
Can't think of what to write? How about answering this question:
"What do you want Santa to bring you this year?"
And in keeping with the theme of this post, Food For Thought, some pix of my little boy enjoying some comida.




Here is a yummy, easy, warm-your-bones in winter recipe.
Tomato Basil Soup
Bring to a boil the following:
1 big can tomato sauce (not v8, the canned kind)
1 big can diced tomatoes (blend them up a little so they aren't so chunky)
a crapload of basil
1 can chicken broth
and a stick of butter (the original recipe didn't call for this, but I thought "what the hell" last time I made it and its good!).
Simmer for 45 minutes. Then throw in some heavy, fattening, whipping cream (a few cups) and simmer another 30 minutes.
Its damn good.
PS- The winner of my earlier recipe contest is none other than.... drumroll please... Millie Yanko! Your crock pot creation is the only recipe this busy mom can remember when she is trying to shop with four kids hanging out of a cart screaming for me to buy more raisins. Call me and we'll schedule time for your prize ;).
Am I the first? Yipee!! I love the pics of your cutie pie eating! How precious.
ReplyDeleteHi there! I "lurk" on your blog from time to time from my friend Jenny McHam! Your life looks all kinds of fun and I love your pics! For Christmas...I want...hmmm...A freezer. Woo hoo, how very festive. Teehee..Merry CHristmas!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas! Dear Santa,
ReplyDeleteFor Christmas I would like world peace. And gas prices to stay low. Ho, ho, ho,
Jen
Merry Christmas Robinson Family! Dear Santa, all I want for Christmas is a framed family portrait. And mild weather so we're not trapped in the airport en route to Texas for Christmas. :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your blog so so so so much! Love the pics. Agree with you on baby bellies.
PS - I LOVE your Christmas card picture!!!
ReplyDeleteI love your blog so much, but feel a little creepy leaving comments since I have no earthly idea who you are. In keeping with this weird blog stalking of mine, I nominated you as "BEST BLOG" on a survey. You just crack me up!
ReplyDeleteSanta, I would like to go on vacation sometime before the age of 80. Thank you!
Love the new family pic and the pics of the little man! Going to have to try that new soup recipe- sounds yummy!
ReplyDeleteDear Santa- I would love to have a nice long vacation somewhere on the beach!!!
I won? Really? Woo hoo!!! We'll have to schedule dinner soon.... I'll bring dessert. Love the "can donation" idea. Robbie did that for his Bday in lieu of gifts.
ReplyDeleteDear Santa,
I want my kids to feel loved and happy every minute-of every hour-of every day. Is that so much to ask for?!? ;)
Great idea on donating food!!! Let's see...I would like Santa to bring me a new washing machine. Ours sounds like there is a wrench in it. It is not very easy to talk on the phone or watch TV while it sounds like the washing machine is going to bust through the wall.
ReplyDeleteI just got your Christmas pic in the mail and I love it!! I might get around to sending some out by next Christmas...LOL. I know what you mean about the comments, I love comments! I hope y'all (just for you) have a wonderful holiday!! Hugs and Love, Nik
ReplyDeleteI don't really need anything from Santa, but I'll leave a comment for the donation. :o)
ReplyDeletei want world peace...who am i kidding, i am not miss america, i want a new tv or a house, whichever. now get to donating those cans!!
ReplyDeleteLove those pics - Jude is such a cutie pie!
ReplyDeleteAll I want for Christmas is my baby's 2 front teeth without pain. :D
I love your blog, I got to you from a blog of a blog ;) Now I am addicted! Your photographs are amazing, your thoughts on motherhood are dead on! I have actually laughed out loud reading your posts. Want a new obsession?? Try facebook ;) You can find me there...Cristy Newman Stolle.
ReplyDeleteDear Santa: This year I want my husband to give me diamond earrings! Merry Christmas...
I'd like for you to please donate some creamed corn on my behalf... that would be awesome. For Christmas I would like my son's bruised forehead to turn a shade of green..... match the tree.
ReplyDeletejust wanted to tell you we LOVED the tomato basil soup! It was awesome- Ellie even ate 2 bowls full! Must be all that butta! We'll have to start calling you "Ms Paula Dean".
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteSorry... its a rule, no posting as anonymous, so I had to delete. And I am about 99% sure the above post was written by none other than ... Roboman! Robo- why don't you email me, got some questions for you , HA!
ReplyDeleteI love the family picture! And I want Santa or my husband to get this family a new washer and dryer! One that holds 10 laundry baskets worth of clothes so I only have to do 1 load a month!!! Is that 2 much to ask for? I THINK NOT!!! Oh yea...and world peace. tee hee hee
ReplyDeleteWe eat that same soup all the time!I think I got the recipe from Mrs. Westra. :)
ReplyDeleteDonate some canned food for us too. I'm not doing that this year b/c the last time I tried it, the bag broke and all of the cans landed on my bare toes. Good times. Now I donate diapers instead. Much softer. :)
Dear Santa, I would like a cupcake EXACTLY like the one Jude is eating in the above picture please. All I have to say is YUM! and I'm hungry. (:
ReplyDeleteUmmm...I would please like for Christmas to have a family photo turn out as fabulously as yours on the top of your blog did!!! You guys look great!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe that you'd just delete such a great comment like that... I hope this counts as my second comment, cuz I'd like cans of pork 'n' beans donated in my honor to the food bank. :)
ReplyDeleteWorld peace is all I want for christmas. To much to ask? I don't think so. As for my canned food could you please donate SpaghettiO's. I believe it is a power food for every young person.
ReplyDeleteWorld peace is all I want for christmas. Is that to much to ask for? I don't think so. As far as my canned food may I request SpaghettiO's. I believe it is a power food for every young person.
ReplyDeleteHey there,
ReplyDeleteLove the pics. I am an avid reader!
Dear Santa,
I want some time off of work!
Erin Heflin
Neeners says that you are so in the doghouse because so far she has not received a Xmas card from the Robinsons! There will be hell to be paid..... :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the family picture, what a beautiful family!!
ReplyDeleteSanta, Would you please bring me a new coffee maker? I know I've been good this year:) Pleeeeeeease!!
See y'all soon:)
Hi Tracy, Just caught up with your blog...I think I'm going to delete mine since FB has taken over my soul ( I REALLY need help). The tub story had me laughing so hard I peed a little. Merry Christmas to you guys. Give Jesse a BIG ol' hug from me. We miss ya'll!
ReplyDeleteLove ya, T
LOVE the family pic (all of them actually!)!! Merry Christmas!!
ReplyDelete~Amy Skaggs
P.S. Is that enough exclamation marks for you?!!!!!!!!!
Great pics of Jude! Donate some yummy green beans for me!!! LOL
ReplyDeleteDear Santa,
ReplyDeletePlease bring me an elf to do all my laundry.
You'll be my best friend.
Dear Santa,
ReplyDeletePlease bring me an elf to do all my laundry.
You'll be my best friend.