Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sorry to be Debbie Downer lately, but it's just the way I am feeling. I ache for Dr.Parks family, especially her 2 year old twins. I just can't stop thinking about how they are going to grow up without their amazing mom.  She loved them SO much. I can only hope and pray they grow up knowing this.

So, I am taking this opportunity, since I'm all gooey and sappy and sentimental right now anyway, to let my kids know just what they mean to me. My time could be up tomorrow and I need them to know. 

I think I was born to be a mom because I just can't imagine it any other way. I can't imagine a life without you guys and I wish I was eloquent enough to explain what you mean to me. I'll give it my best shot.

Presley- my first born. Wow. I'm not sure what happened to my heart the day you were born, but it grew. Exponentially grew. Maybe when you become a mom yourself you'll be able to understand.

Kaylee- you make me smile. You say and do the funniest things. Every time I think of you, I think of something you have done that has made us laugh. I didn't give birth to you, but you are my child.

Emily- Just like Kaylee, I didn't give birth to you, but I am so happy I have the privilege to be your mom. You are so anxious to please and make me so proud everyday with what you are becoming.

Jude- My sweet, dimpled, curly haired, crazy and sometimes SO challenging little boy. It is so MAGNIFICENT having a BOY like you. I always wanted a little boy, and was so happy when I saw what you were. (Funny story here... we wanted to wait until you were born to find out what you were. During my last big push, Dr. Parks exclaimed "Push! He's got a big head!!" Oops! No one else noticed it but me... she was so embarrassed she thought she ruined the big surprise. Of course she didn't-  you entered the world a few seconds later. Dr. Parks was the first to give you some little boy, blue onesies).

Jesse- I don't even need to try to express this love because I know you feel the same way about me. I married the perfect guy for me. You're my best friend.

Somehow becoming a mother to four children in the span of 16 months just worked for me. It is hard, really hard sometimes (and I have had my fair share of stressed out, psycho moments), but it is somehow just so right.

I have heard the Eskimos have 22 words to express love, whereas the English language only has the one. I wish I knew some of those 22 words to better explain this, but I don't... so it will have to suffice to repeat what you guys say to me all the time- "I love you to OUTERSPACE!"

I do not know what the master plan is or how much time I have left here, but I wanted to make sure you knew... just in case.

So... while I am on the subject, let's talk about my last wishes, cause I just don't know where else to document this.

1) I want every single organ and ounce of me donated. Give everything- eyes, skin, organs, etc. to someone that needs a transplant. If my organs aren't fit for transplant, stick them in a jar of formaldehyde and put them in a classroom somewhere. Cut all my hair off and give it to a wigmaker. Just don't make me a cadaver... I don't want too many people staring at me naked. Then cremate me and spread my ashes around my home.

2) You are allowed one sentimental song at my memorial service. Might I be so bold as to suggest "November Rain" by GNR, or perhaps some Elton John or Michael Buble? OK, maybe two sentimental songs would be OK.

3) If you do a slide show of pictures from my life, please make sure any zits, wrinkles or stray hairs are photoshopped out of the pictures. Jodi can probably help you with that. And I know it will be tough, but try to pick pictures where my hair does not look too big. And lately my head has also looked really big in every picture I take, so try to shrink it down.

4) I don't want my family to spend a bunch of money on a fancy memorial service, but I do request Prince and Bon Jovi be played. As loud as possible. And I want my friends to dance, not in the aisles, but ON the pews (since dancing on furniture is somehow so very fun) and I request Jesse to do the robot just like he did the night I met him.  I won't request any back flips since he broke his heel last time he performed that little move.

That's all.  

My next post won't be so sappy or depressing ... cause I'm usually a "glass is half full" kind of gal. Promise.

10 comments:

  1. What a sweet Mom! I always love reading your blog because it really hits home and makes you think. Thanks for sharing such a personal glimpse of your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss! A very beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm crying my eyes out, Tracy. Thank you for your post. Thank you for reminding us all to count our blessings and tell our kids that we love them. You're an amazing Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy, just so you know, I consider you a special friend, even though I don't see much of you anymore. I had fun working with you. You are one of the most upbeat people I have ever known. I love following your blog - it cheers me up even if I've had a bad day.
    bweb : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sitting alone crying and wanting to wake up Gracie just so I can tell her I love her. You seem to put into words what jiggles around in my head (see I can't find the words to even say that).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, s--t! You made me cry. I too love being a mom. For me, life took on new meaning. I became a better person (than I already was ;), and better teacher. Now I can't imagine life without my babies...it would be so empty. I'm glad there's ten years between Katja & Jack. That way (hopefully) by the time Jack goes off to college, Katja will have given me my first grandchild... I will spoil THEM ROTTEN!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1st- your head does not look big in pictures...silly.
    2nd- what a sweet post to the kids. I, like you, have been dwelling on thoughts of family and loss. I can't imagine what Dr. Parks' family is going thru and I hope that day is deep into the future for our families. I also can't imagine my life without Jack and Lilly. I was thinking earlier today just how much I want to live forever. My dog just farted! I'm all emotional and trying to type this and my dog farts SO LOUD and makes me laugh! God has great timing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww. This was so sweet! :) :) :) You are an AWESOME mom and a great friend. And I am constantly in awe of how you manage to mother FOUR KIDS (that like you said you got in 16 months) so darn well. You are an inspiration & those kids are SO LUCKY.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sure hope we are way too old to be dancing when your memorial service comes around! But seriously, be sure to print out that post for your kiddos and put it in their baby books.

    I keep thinking the same thing about Dr. Parks' kids. How sad that they won't know their mom! I hope everyone else can convey to them how wonderful she was.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As you can see I haven't been blogging in over a month. The time has got away from me. I just wanted to let you know that this post is so moving and I am crying right now at work. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete