Ahhh, Texas in the summer. The long sunny days, hours spent lounging at the pool, and the sound of tree roaches scurrying up and down the pine trees. Living in Texas, and especially in the Woodlands, there is no shortage of little roach friends. Our house is wood, the kids leave crumbs all over, and we have about 789 trees in our yard. Which means we are engaged in a constant battle with the roaches. Here the kids are all gathered around one of the little guys (on his death bed) daring each other to pick it up. They all got tissues, but none were brave enough to actually touch it and dispose of it (and believe me, I wasn't about to either). I love Emily's expression in the picture below. She looks so utterly disgusted and defeated. When they finally did try to get it, the roach -like so called "dead" roaches often do- scurried away and I imagine you could hear the ensuing screams and peals of laughter a mile away.
The kids have all recently been into "wowee powees" (roly-polys). They gathered a few to put in their insect house and the following conversation ensued about an hour later.
P: Kaylee, where are you wowee powees??!
K: Presley, the wowee powees are in my bed!
P: Let's go get the wowee powees!
L: NO Presley! The wowee powees are mine!
(sounds of running feet down the hallway)
K: Presley! The wowee powees aren't under my pillow anymore!! Where are the wowee powees? I lost my wowee powees!!
Poor little wowee powees. They never had a chance.

How is it Emily is always running around with money? And everytime I see her the dollar amount gets bigger. If you've got her cleaning your house I'll pay her 5 buck's to clean ours!
ReplyDelete