Those of you that joined us one sunny November day back in the year 2000 probably remember our wedding venue. And how it would have been impossible to get any nice looking pictures there. Yep, we got married in a disco. On a large boat. In a room I had never seen before until I walked down the makeshift "aisle." There was a hot pink curtain behind us, blinking lights on the floor, and carpet from 1972. It was a recipe for disastrous wedding photos! I didn't get any "I'm strolling through a vineyard at sunset pictures" (NIKKI!) or "I'm running barefoot on the beach with a rainbow behind me". Bizatches. Its so wholly unfair.
And to make it worse, I was STRESSED out before the wedding and lost 12 lbs right before the big day. I looked like Skeletor from the Transformers. Dress was too big. And the worst, worst, worst thing- I HIT MY FRIGGING HEAD on the table at the rehearsal dinner and had a huge knot on it. On my wedding day. Huge.knot.on.forehead.wedding.day.that.sucks.
But it sounds like I am going to have a chance to get some new and improved wedding photos because... listen to this (!!):
There is this photographer in The Woodlands that I stalk. Her style is SO unique and interesting. On her blog she posted that she was having a casting call for a free session and she was looking for a couple that wanted to redo their wedding pictures. So I told her about why she needed to pick me. And she did! I'm so frigging excited!
So, I'll post more about this later. Must get back to work now.
WHOO HOO!!
What's in a Name?
-
{doe•ee•bird} photography.
*Is it quirky?*
Totally.
*Is it unique?*
Absolutely.
*Is it easy to spell?*
Come on people! It's phonetic! How hard is that?...
14 years ago
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Can't wait to see them! And you are SO FUNNY - I look forward to reading your blog EVERY TIME!!!
ReplyDeleteAWESOME!!! Congrats! So many people hate their wedding pics so that is an awesome opportunity.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see them!!!!!! You should post the cruise - disco ones - I haven't see them yet :)
ReplyDeleteChristy got a black eye 10 days before her wedding - she was on a boat and the edge of a table broke her fall. Luckily, her make-up artist was seriously good (and thank you to arnica montana gel). Isn't it funny how those are some of the huge details you remember? :)
That is friggin' AWESOME!!! BTW- Only you would still fit into your wedding dress nine years and two pregnancies later!
ReplyDeleteOK, i have to admit, i laughed out loud b/c i STILL tell the story of you hitting your head on the chair the night before your wedding! I also remember giggling to myself at the lights blinking on the disco floor and then crying as i saw the way Jesse was looking at you as you walked down the aisle. aww. . . i'm SUPER happy for you to re-do your photos though - HOW FUN! tell jesse to get those Jhonny Knoxville sunglasses on to re-live the moment. hey, is he goign to wear the mexican waiter, i mean, wedding shirt in the new photos?? :) but you really will have to post the old ones, you know, for comparison. :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! Oh Tracy, please post some disco floor wedding photos for all to see. :)
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome! I am cracking up about you hitting your head because (I don't know if you remember this) you were picking up something I dropped when you hit your head. I felt so bad!!!
ReplyDeleteAnyways, I am excited for you!!
That is SO awesome! What are you going to wear? Does the dress still fit? See if she can photoshop all of us into the pics in our awesome turqouise dresses...
ReplyDeleteHow freaking cool! Although I have a great visual in my head about what your wedding looked like...you absolutely must post some pictures so we can see the real event and the ideal pictures to come.
ReplyDeleteOMG!!! That is awesome Tracy! I wish I could have ours done over again! Besides the ones that you took ours sucked! She didn't even edit them and there were black spots all over the pictures!
ReplyDelete