Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Somebody punch me... please.

I wish someone had just punched me every time I said (or thought) "I will never do that when I am a parent." Case in point- my car. Now I was never really one to care how my car looked in the first place (evidenced by the fact that I drove a CROWN VICTORIA for years), but I know I definetly told my mom at one point "I will never allow my kids to eat in the car... they get food all over the place...thats so messy and disgusting... blah blah blah." Um yeah- anyone that has had the pleasure of riding in my truck anytime over the past year has probably experienced the unknown smell that comes from a rotten milk sippy cup that somehow found its way under the seat.

Anyways, I know I thought more than one time in my head that I would NEVER buy one of those little plastic mini-toilets to use for pottytraining. "That's so gross, why don't the parents just train their kids to sit on the regular toilet? Those parents are giving in and letting their kids control them!" Whatever. I gave in. I borrowed Lauras. Its working. Kaylee LOVES it. She drags that thing out into the dining room and uses it there. I think it just might be the answer I have been searching for!! It ROCKS!

If anyone needs me, I will be worshipping at the altar of the mini-toilet.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! that is funny. You will never guess what I saw at Walmart. A plastic toddler urinal, YUP! You just set it up against the wall. It's for those boys who aren't quite tall enough to stand in front of the "big potty" I thought about installing one on the bathroom wall for Jack, you know for those boys with really poor aim! LOL

    ReplyDelete