1) I woke up to the SWEETEST thing this morning. I rolled over to see a bundle of pink blankie and puppy lovie framed by the biggest green eyes and wildest mass of bedhead curls ever. I heard Presley getting out of bed, but lay there with my eyes shut to see what she would do. She stood by the side of my bed staring at me over her little bundle, and when I opened my eyes, she started laughing. It was the one of those moments I just squeezed my eyes shut and thought "remember this... oooh, remember this!" Makes my heart smile just thinking about it.
2) Kaylee has started swiming across the pool without floaties! She definetly has a way to go with staying horizontal and the "swim" is more like her barely keeping her nose above the water, but hey, its a start.
3) We are having a GREAT fourth of July holiday and have gotten to see some friends we have not seen in a while! Loren/Taryn & Blake/Teresa- it was GREAT to see you guys!
Here are the kids dressed in their red, white & blue. I can't believe I actually got all THREE girls to wear something besides PINK.

Now the BAD:
1) Because no post of mine would be complete without this subject...Kaylee's pottytraining has retrogressed a bit. Right after she swam across the pool for the first time and we whooped and hollered, she stood on the steps staring at me and Jesse doing ... you know. ARGH! Then she peed in her carseat. When Rebecca (our nanny) asked her why, she said "BECAUSE I WANTED TO!" Oh yeah, and her new nickname is "Skids." Go figure.
2) This little kitty was left in a box with her brothers and sisters on a golf course. My neighbors the crazy animal lovers (just kidding in case you guys ever read this, LOL) rescued them and they need a home! Anyone looking for a new pet?
Now, the UGLY
Dear Mom and Dad- I know why you did this to me. Because you knew when I looked back on it in 27 years that I would think it was so hilarious I would have no choice but to publish it for the enjoyment of the masses. Brett Michaels has NOTHING on me... the eighties ROCK!
OMG Tracy! That picture ROCKS! That is hilarious...I'm sure I could find one that's just as bad.
ReplyDeleteOH, I KNOW I have a picture of Brian with a mullet! I'll have to dig it out and post it:-)
ReplyDeleteGood thing you live in Texas...or else I would snatch that kitty up! Toooo cuuute!!
ReplyDeleteI am with you on the potty training! It is a rough process. Two steps forward...one step back. We had our share of soiled Diego undies this weekend!
ReplyDeleteLove the picture! Post our prom pics next. :)
ReplyDeletethanks for having us over! Taryn and I had a great time seeing you guys. Your kiddos are too cute and too fun! Wish we could do that every weekend.
ReplyDeleteAlthough I have totally seen that picture, it still makes me cry from laughter. I had a buster brown bowl cut my mom cursed me with, but I had nothing on your "bidness in the front, party in the back" do.
ReplyDeleteOh, and to Alicia's suggestion to post our prom pics, please don't. My Laquisha dress with the gold fringe might be too much for everyone to handle. Tee-hee.
ReplyDelete