Thursday, July 24, 2008

River RAT

I recently went on a girls weekend with some of my best pals in the world. We had so much fun! We went to San Antonio for the Jack Ingram concert on Thursday, Friday we went into Texas hill country to do Jesse's dad's zipline and toobing on the Comal River. Friday night was back to the Riverwalk in San Antonio. I told Jesse "some people like the beach, some like lakes, I am through and through, 100%, absolutely and completely a RIVER RAT." I could toob everyday of my life and die happy.

(Laura & Alicia, sorry, I have ZERO pictures from the weekend with y'all in them. If you have any, send them my way!)

I'm a big weenie when it comes to heights, so I was rather proud of myself that I did the zipline. If you are ever traveling into the hill country, you must do it, it's the longest zipline in Texas and absolutely beautiful up there (shameless plus for ya Mike & Kristy).

Look at me!The girls all coming in for their landing. And just think- Leigh Ann made fun of me for telling her to wear "walking shorts and sneakers." Those shorts riding up on you look really comfortable Leigh Ann!
We'll hopefully be doing it again next year ...Leigh Ann - don't forget your pillow and other "essentials!!"

Oh, and I can't forget this picture from last week, Presley's 1st trip to the dentist. Jesse and I just sat there giggling through the cleaning because she looked so cute and was so serious about it.

The latest weird things my kids have done.

  1. Kaylee got out of the pool to wipe her snotty nose on a tree (that had to hurt).
  2. After brushing her teeth, Emily wiped her face on... this is gross... the little potty seat that I use for pottytraining Kaylee & Presley. I'm.not.making.this.up.I.swear. It didn't even seem to phase her when I told her she was gross and that Presley and Kaylee sat their bare little butts on that thing. Geez.
  3. My mom and I took all three girls to see Mamma Mia (highly recommend it!). Presley didn't really sit still AT ALL, but at one point she looked at me and said (in her caveman speak) "Me put popcorn up my nose?" and I SAT THERE and LET HER DO IT because I thought it would be funny! What is WRONG with me? Of course she managed to shove it up there pretty far and sneezing/coughing/watery eyes ensued. My mom was (of course) wondering what is going on and after I told her, she started giggling and laughing too instead of helping us get it out. I still don't know if the kernel came out or if it is still wedged up there. Poor kid.

8 comments:

  1. your pix on the zipline look super fun!!! glad to hear you had an osm trip:) love the stories of your little characters, they are sooooo funny! i always enjoy reading the rob clans blog updates:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay zipline!!!!!! And River... and Mexican food... and friends! I had the BEST time and miss y'all already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy you are always good for a laugh! First of all I can't believe you did the zipline. You must have had to do it because of Jesse's dad. There is no other reason on this whole earth that I would do that! Also love the popcorn. Reminds me of "Everybody loves Raymond"'s - "Crunch and blow, crunch and blow"...

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least Presley's teeth will look clean and pretty when the cornstalk starts growing out of her nose.

    This is Brenda-I keep having to invent new blogger id's because mine never seem to work twice in a row.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like SO much fun Tracy! Wow, Presley to the dentist...she is so grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I'm laughing at the popcorn up the nose story. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, now if we could only get you to CAMP at the river...LOL Great stories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your stories, they have inspired me to update our blog. it will happen soon, i promise. :) as for the future of your kids dating, they will NEVER live these stories down. luckily you are keeping track of this stuff so you can use it against them when they turn into teenagers. love it! :)

    ReplyDelete