Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Tears I tell ya...

Jesse had me in tears at lunch today. He was causing that kind of laughter that brings physical pain, that causes you to spit out your drink and that makes you pick up the phone just to include someone else in the joy. I think the waiter even walked by our table to make sure I wasn't choking.

The story goes like this. A few of our friends, in their youth fresh out of college, used to reside in the kind of place where any self-respecting female goes outside to potty, rather than risk stepping on something in the bathroom. The kind of place that can only be thoroughly cleansed by a can of gasoline and a match. You get the point.

Well, another of our friends (we will call him Spee-sky to protect the innocent) liked to tell the story of walking into his rented abode and catching one of his fellow inhabitants laying on the couch, cutting and cleaning his TOENAILS with a... STEAK KNIFE. Spee-sky has quite the distaste for feet and to hear him tell this particular story was a beautiful thing. Spee-sky refused to use another utensil for the duration of his lease. This toenail-cleaning-and-cutting-person, who shall remain nameless, is a rather successful businessman now. I do wonder what his staff would think of his peculiar usage of culinary tools?

Oh how I giggle just thinking about it. Can you imagine what a spectacular sight that must have been?

Anyway, happy birthday again to my wonderful husband. He's an amazing husband, friend, and father. How in the world did I luck out getting such a catch ;)?!?

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a "taco" if I do say so myself. Those boyz were really friggin gross. I know we used to refer to the casa(s) as "the crack house", but all the crack houses I have ventured into (b/c of my job!!!) are a few steps up. EWWWWWW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Jesse! And ewwww about the house and the toe nail incident - GROSS! The place Mark & Travis lived in in college was condemned after they left. CONDEMNED. SO GROSS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH, Happy Birthday Jesse! I'm sorry I am just now catching up on things...I have been horribly sick this week with mastitus (UGH, I'd rather give birth to 5 children). I'm sorry we missed it! lOve ya'll

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just hear you and Jesse were going to join us at Nikki's wedding - I'm so excited :)!

    ReplyDelete