Monday, August 25, 2008

Kindergarden!

Emily had her first day of kindergarden today!! We will celebrate tonight with an ice cream party, that, thanks to the Haley family's idea, will become a yearly tradition ;)


Emily was very nervous, but very polite and proper and quiet. I expect that to last exactly one day. Her awesome parents 1) forgot to remind her to brush her teeth (I just remember THAT little detail at about 10am), and 2) didn't have any school supplies ready for her first day (LONG story, its not entirely our fault! I blame Sam Walton for the chaos that WAS his store this weekend). BUT I did remember the important things- 1) she had a cute dress on, 2) she had cute earrings on, 3) she had cute shoes on. I took a bunch of first day pictures and I'll post them later.


Below are some of my favorite recent pix from August:

Emily in pool:


Jude swinging on his birthday present swing set:



Presley, Kaylee, and Emily jumping in the pool (Kaylee insists on wearing Katja's old swimsuit that is about 7 sizes too big for her, even AFTER I tied the shoulders up):
Kaylee's sweet little smile
Kaylee playing soccer

Uncle Junebug and The Diaper Brigade (Jude, Addie and Presley). Katie walked into our house the other day and said "you know... I was telling Chad the other day... those Robinson kids are always NAKED!"

Presley laying on the gym during Kaylee's soccer game:

I was spying on Presley and Kaylee "making a cake." Who needs toys? They played this for HOURS.

3 comments:

  1. Those pictures are gorgeous. I love that one of Emily in the pool. Looking forward to the ice cream party tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry we couldn't make the ice cream party...too many extra curricular activities! I'm sure it was awesomely delicious. Where exactly is the picture of Emily in her cute dress, shoes, & earrings? I was left hanging on that one!!! Now that you'll be an experienced elementary school parent next year, you will know to just write the school's PTO a check for the supplies and AVOID AT ALL COSTS the trip to Walmart. :) By the way, the teacher in me is compelled to point out that Kindergarten is spelled with a "t"...it's a German thing....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see pics of Emily's first day of school!

    Ummm, my kid is always naked too. Now I feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete