Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My kids almost blew up the neighborhood. No really, it's true.

Those dang Robinson kids. They cause quite a ruckus everywhere they go.


So... the house across the street came up for sale. Being the nosy neighbors we are, we took full advantage of Jesse's realtor license and Supra key and decided to go take a look (BTW- its a VERY cool house, so if anyone is interested in living across the street from us, (and hey, why wouldn't you be??) give Jesse a call). The house was totally empty, so we brought the kids with us.


An empty house full of empty closets was of course, a huge playground for them, so we didn't stay long for fear they would trash the place. As we were leaving and hussling the kids out the front door, I noticed Jude had left a little bottle of bubbles by the fireplace. I retrieved it and caught a whiff of something, but my brain didn't register what it was, so I again started making my way out the front door. A few seconds later I realized what it was... one of my kids had turned the gas on the fireplace to FULL BLAST.

Now THAT is what I consider a little too close for comfort. I'll be up for the next few nights fighting nightmares about my kids blowing the neighborhood up and the cops coming to take the little delinquents away in handcuffs to juvi for the next 18 years.  

Look at these sweet faces. Do they look like little arsensists?

On to other news.


Is this normal? Kaylee is 4.5 and still wears a pull up to bed. Everytime I try to let her sleep without one, I regret it. I got lazy last week and let her sleep without one. When she got up in the morning, she planted herself in front of the TV on the couch to settle in for some Saturday morning cartoons...soaking wet. The girl didn't even care that she was sitting in a puddle. 

I heard Presley talking in her sleep last night. Giggling actually. Then I heard her say "No silly {giggle} I'm a BUTTERfly! {giggle}{giggle}."

My new trick to get Emily out the door in time- wake her up by getting her dressed. She is too sleepy to protest. I get her dressed in the clothes I want her to wear and she dosen't look like a clown.  She makes the bus. And we are all winners!!


8 comments:

  1. I had to leave a comment on this one..(: When my brother was like 8 years old he turned up the gas on the fireplace, threw a duraflame log in and lit it...he totally burned off his eyebrows! What were my parents thinking? And Micah also still wears a pull up at night and he's approaching 4. He's not even close to being able to hold it nor does he care to. He's been such a struggle to potty train because he's not bothered by accidents. He just goes on with his business. Ugh. I figure they won't sleep with a pull up in high school, right? (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am storing away the "wake them up by getting them dressed" thing for when I have kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm, Scott turned up the gas on our fireplace and left it. I came home from work and the place smelled like a science lab filled with bunsen burners. The gas company had to come out and we had to evacuate! So kids are not the only arsonists...grown up kids (i.e. men) do the same thing.

    Abbey has the same sweater as Emily. Good taste! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was in charge of mornings, I could get Lindsey dressed and take her into daycare without her waking up. Much easier than the fight she and Wendy have over clothes each and every morning....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl... just to make you feel better. Claire is almost 5 1/2. As of today, she has gone 45 days without peeing at night. Yes, we are counting because before that she was pee'ing in her pull up approximately twice a week. In her 4's we were constantly trying to go without it and she would end up pee'ing and it was laundry after laundrey. So, I finally just left her in the pull-ups. It eventually just stopped. Now she's worn panties for 2 weeks! You are not alone. I think sometimes their bladders just aren't developed enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pretty sure there's no worry in the pullup at night even up until 5. That's what I'm gonna tell myself anyway....my little one is almost 3 and everything I've read says up until the 5 year timeframe, it's really hard to expect dryness all night (unless you make a point to get them up before you go to bed, then maybe up again???sheesh....who wants to do that?

    Glad you didn't blow the house up! But what a blog that would have been...hee....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonder which one it was...you are right...they are too cute to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so as i sit here pumping at 2 am i decided to check in on my favorite super family. my god, your kids are funny. and my GOD are you a great mom. so i am making a resolution myself - i'm goign to update people on our supertwins. i'm going to write about how brady can't get ENOUGH of danicng with his daddy, how aidan just LOVES to see us in the morning and how Gavin wiggles his butt like he just don't care you are trying desperately to change his diaper. and since not everyone wants emails, i'm goign to blog it. that's right, i spend 20 minutes 6-8 times a day pumping and i have a laptop - i need to get with the program already. we miss you tons, but i love being able to see your babies grow. and sicne we won't have any more of our own, i fully support your getting pregnant again! :) love you lots girl . . . ~Belle

    ReplyDelete