Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My day

So my day started with Jude spilling red nail polish all over the floor and Kaylee throwing all the shoes in the house off the balcony. And it ended with Presley reporting:

"Mommy!! (hack, cough, hack, cough) Dere's munny in my froat!! (hack, cough, hack, cough).

She had apparently swallowed at least one penny... maybe more. I'll find out in a day or two.

I thought this picture was apropos to this post.

Can't complain too much about my day though. Jude actually sat still in my lap tonight for about 20 minutes, amongst all the chaos of the Naked Troupe running around screaming, and let me rub his sweet head and little feet. I just marveled at this perfect little human being of mine.  Just me and my boy.  Absolute yummyiness.


3 comments:

  1. Ha! That's too funny! I am always wondering about the money thing (b/c you know it will happen!) If you know exactly how much your kid ate, would you really count it as it came out to make sure you got it all? Hmm. Good luck with that! Tristan swallowed a peach pit one time. We called the pediatrician who told us to call poison control b/c peach pits can be toxic if chewed. Who knew? I was most worried about it coming out the other end but to be honest we never saw it come out & T never complained!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had known the poor child was that hard up for a piggy bank, Auntie bweb would've bought her one : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once got a quarter stuck in my throat when i was about 3 and my mom was trying different winter clothes on me to see what still fit. I was laying on my back and throwing the quarter in my mouth and then spitting it back out. Only it didn't come back out and I began to turn purple. That was before 911 and I remember my mom yelling at my sister to "look up the ambulance number". one heimlich manuever later, i was cured of putting money in my mouth . .. though putting money in your toddler's stomach is probably safer than a bank these days :)

    ReplyDelete