Saturday, February 14, 2009

Randoms

Random thought of the day:  Is it weird that I watch Hannah Montana with my girls and WANT her hair?  And that I am hoping to pick up some of her sweet fashion tips?  I mean the girl has totally rockin outfits. Which leads me to another question.  I wonder what the age is where I am supposed to stop shopping in the Juniors department?

Last night Presley informed us her cowboy boots hurt her feet because they "got smaller."

The tooth fairy assigned to our house sucks. It always takes her 2-3 nights to remember to leave a dollar under Emily's pillow. Emily informed me she is going to have to make a sign for her tonight since she forgot what she was supposed to do last night.

We had to tell Kaylee's preschool that she is no longer allowed to take naps like the other kids. She is already hyper enough, but right after bathtime and right before bedtime, she takes it to a whole new level. The whine, "but I don't LIKE clothes" and "but I don't LIKE to sleep" are her mantras.  I wish I had timed myself trying to wrestle her into Pjs the other night because I bet it took me close to 30 minutes. I used some moves I didn't even know I had. The WWE would have recruited me on the spot had they seen some of my sweet manuevers.  

I made a decision last week that I had to just let her run up and down the hall naked- screaming and laughing after bathtime for 30 minutes to try to get "it" out of her system. OF course, this gets the others all hyped up. If you ever stop by our house between 7:15 and 7:45 pm, you are likely to encounter an eyeful of girls streaking down the hall laughing and screaming. And a naked little boy trying his best to keep up on his short little chubby legs... dragging his blankie behind. 

Happy Valentines Day everyone!  

4 comments:

  1. Just caught up on your last 3 posts. It makes me feel so much better that I am not the only one going through all of this. Love your family Tracy. You and Jesse are doing such a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the SAME problem around bed time. It's like they make energy instead of burning it. So I also told Abbey's teachers that she wasn't allowed to nap. You're not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, when it says Scott, it's really Alicia. I keep forgetting I'm on the Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally have to limit Fritz's nap time or he is up till 10:30 easy. I feel ya!

    ReplyDelete