Tuesday, February 10, 2009

So it's 5 am and I should be up doing my morning yoga, but sadly hurt myself yesterday during the morning routine and decided to sit it out this AM. It dosen't take much, at 5 am, to convince me working out is not in my best interests and that what I really need to do is to get back in bed. But I have already had a bit of coffee, so going back to sleep is out of the question. I mean, really, who hurts themselves doing YOGA? I bruised (maybe even sprained?) my big toe, its a bit swollen and bruised, and now I am going to be limping around for a few days. It's pretty pathetic if I do say so myself.

Anywho, thought I would blog this morning about Emily's Oscar worthy performances she has given us lately. To say she has been "dramatic" dosent even begin to describe the freak-outs. I'm talking heaving chest, blubbering/crying/drooling to the point of not being able to talk, writhing around the floor, and slamming doors dramatic. And here are the reasons for the two performances this week:

1) She did not like the white towel I offered her after bathtime. She wanted a yellow one.

2) A broken fingernail. Yeah, it was bleeding a bit and OK, in retrospect, "liquid bandage" was probably not the best first aid I could have administered on a 6 year old. Guess it contains alcohol because the performance really got out of control after that.

My reaction to both performances was to ignore her until she calmed down, then try to determine the most appropriate punishment for tantruming like a baby. I know its unfathomable to many that sweet Emily could act like this, so maybe I should video it next time, it's really quite a spectacular sight.
A pic of the girls. They were lined up zombied out in front of the TV.

In other news, Alicia told me bribery was helping her keep her little midnight visitor in her own bed at night and that I might want to try it on Presley. Lo and behold, it's the 5th night she has slept in her own bed without running down the hall yelling at 2 am, so the reward is a trip for all the girls to the movie theater. I thought a little peer pressure would help in the endeavor, so I enlisted Emily and Kaylee to help.

Here are the super-double BFFs.
And a pic of little Presley and her stroller. So sweet (usually 2 of 3 kids are fighting over who gets to push it).

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your injury. Must have been a complicated yoga position. :) How sweet that your girls are each other's bffs. Sisters have an unbreakable bond -- despite all the drama that comes with having girls. Reading your blog makes me want to have more kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...it doesn't take much for me to change my mind on the whole working out thing too! There are so many other things that I could be doing!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. That is a great pic of the BFFs. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute pictures as always! I definitely use the bribery method to keep Fritz in bed, but I also often have to resort to the taking away of toys method. Both seem to only be semi affective. I guess sometimes you just need to snuggle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pic of the girls!!

    To make you feel better - I've totally injured myself during yoga! Completely possible! Just the other week, I was good, good, good, and then right afterward, as I was picking up my mat, I tweaked my wrist. The ball of my foot always hurts for a couple days whenever I try handstand. And let's not even go there on what happens to my low back if I go from triangle straight into half moon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ughhhh, you give me so much to look forward to with Lilly bug. Super pics, the last one of Pres looks like a GAP Kids ad! Super cute! And the one of the girls is great, I love the colorful outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! Cute bff's!!! Ugh about the midnight visitations - T was doing that too and we also resorted to bribery (sticker chart w/ reward after 5 stickers) and so far it's working!!! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for bribery!!! Too bad it stopped working in our house after a week. :)

    ReplyDelete