Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Another day ... another trip to the ER

Well, today started with Jude getting a concussion and the Tweedledum/Tweedledee duo (K & P) almost flooding the house.

The short of the story is this. Jude was climbing up a barstool and fell off. Immediately started crying, but not a normal "I'm screaming bc I'm in pain cry," it was more a "I'm in severe pain, but don't have the energy to cry" cry. It was weird. Then the lethargy set in. Then the vomiting started. Insert one freaked out set of parents. The trip to ER resulted in a cat scan (thankfully negative) and a diagnosis of concussion. Doctor said he'll bounce back just fine, and that one of his six kids once fell off the top of a refrigerator, got a concussion, and is now a teacher. So he most likely won't end up too damaged. Poor baby :(. 

As soon as we got home, I put all the barstools out in the garage. Jude started screaming and trying to drag them back. Then went over to the counter where they used to be and hung from it while trying to climb the wall. Back to his normal B-A-D self ;).

Here he is right before they released us.  He was having a bad hair day... I didn't have time to use his "curl enhancing gel" before we left for the ER, so its a bit Farah Fawcetty.
And tonight, the dynamic duo had the water on in the upstairs bathroom full blast, which resulted in 2" of water on the floor and in the bathroom drawers, and some leakage from the ceiling into the kitchen. A bunch of stuff in the bathroom got soaked and possibly ruined, but I'm just glad my CHI was not a victim. A girls got her priorities!

I'm going to bed now since I'll have to wake Jude up every two hours to check on him. Have a good night.

10 comments:

  1. Holy scary! I'm so glad he is okay. Hope you are able to get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, poor baby! Really glad your Chi is ok. Jack was laughing histerically at your post...I think it was the 3 tall vodka OJ's he made, not your unfortunate day! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! Glad to hear Jude is okay. I totally flooded the boys bathroom twice now from leaving the sink runnning...so I feel for you on that clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so sorry!!!! Oh and by the way, Pierce wants to recommend smushed banana for wild hair in touch and go situations. Works wonders with fly-aways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one of my biggest fears- falling off the barstools. Poor little guy...I have a feeling you have many more ER trips in your future with that guy....hopefully he is feeling better! So I know I am totally out of it- but what in the world is a CHI????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tracy!
    I am so deliquent these days. I am just now reading your blog to catch up and see the photos of your sweet children! I cannot believe how big they have gotten and how precious they are these days. You are a great photographer!! I wish you lived closer (or vice versa) so you could photograph my children.

    We are all doing well here. Baby is due in August and I am HUGE. :) Ok, so 5 mos huge anyway.

    I hope Jude is doing well and glad to hear that the bar stools are out of sight. That sounds like something Cole would do too!!

    Talk to you soon friend!
    Rose (your old adp implementation consultant :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. People keep telling me that with three boys I'm going to be in the ER quite a bit and I'm starting to believe them...twice since August! I can absolutely picture my boys having the same accident Jude had. Boys will unfortunately always be boys! Glad to hear he will be okay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy crap, I can't imagine all of that happening in one day. Life at the Robinsons' house sure is exciting. I hope Jude feels better, and that his mom lets him have his bar stools back soon. Wendy is also glad that Jude AND your Chi are ok.

    ReplyDelete